Independence month has started, that means half year is gone and 2017 is getting closer. Let’s recapitulate my accomplishments so far, using the previous monthly updates as reference:
What I get from those previous posts is the following 3 things:
- I’ve finished reading 18 books so far and I’m currently reading Go in Action. Based on that I will be able to finish reading 38 books this year, at least 30 that’s for sure.
- My personal free time estimates are horrific. I estimated I would be able to have 5 hours a week for working on personal projects, that was clearly a Wrong estimate. I really don’t have an answer for this yet, but I’ll keep trying.
- The few open source projects I already created (sentinel, book-tracker and dynamic docker composer) have gained zero traction, obviously because I haven’t had enough free time nor enough motivation, everything is in stand-by, sadly.
This is tough, because I do have some ideas, which to me sound interesting and appealing but the lack of motivation are killing any possible project before it even starts.
All I know for sure is that the first step in the journey is always the most difficult one, I just need to keep pushing the envelope.
So what is the plan for this July 2016? Simple:
- Finish reading Go in Action.
- Read at least two more books.
- Have Dynamic Docker Composer ready.